Organizing For the Next Day - Color Coding For Each Student

I have been into color coating things in the school room for quite awhile now. This year i've kicked it up a little more.



Pink is for my oldest and purple for my other daughter. Blue stickies i use for things i need for myself.


I use the sticky notes a LOT! I use them mostly to mark where we are at in the books. This way it helps me not have to look through my teachers manual or my lesson plans to figure out what page to do. I have been trying to mark each book at the end of our day, so the next day is ready to go.


I even use them to mark which TM (teacher manual) is whos. This might be self evident if i wasn't a simpleton but for some reason when we are doing school i have a hard time figuring out which book is for which grade in less i look at the covers... now this helps me to not flip the books shut and then open again to figure it out... which is really annoying.


I use the pink and purple pens for writing on each girls lesson plans, when i'm writing notes for each grade, when i'm writing which books they read or when i'm marking down days completed in the calendar.


Even their binders match their colors!


Then after the day is done and the books are tagged for the next day, they go in this bin that sits on my desk.

So far this has helped me keep my sanity while i'm teaching the girls, trying to keep my 2yr old busy and the 6m old on my hip and i need to figure out what to do next and what page.

Yes i might go overboard, but so far this system has worked the best for me.

Days when i don't do this, i feel like my brain is fluttering about, trying to figure out what comes next ect.

NSPA-border

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.