A Look At Our Homeschool Day - 2014


Things have been going great. I really love that I made a ‘daily’' plan’ this year which I outlined what thing I want to do first and so on. This also included every link I need to songs or videos I want to use during my school day. I also made a ‘first grade plan’ and a ‘kindergarten plan’ which I broke down every unit, figured out the approximate day we would start that unit, special field trips, links to online games/books/videos and I’ve even put some crafts which I will use for the unit there as well (which I will need to go in and complete the list). Also if I come across something on pinterest for example that will work great for a certain unit I can copy the link and paste it in that weeks plan. It’s been so convenient!
Ok so here is an example of our ‘daily plan’
Chore Chart – these chores need to be completed before our school day starts.
Make bed
Breakfast
Get dressed
Hair - Teeth

Calendar – next step is completing our calendar wall and daily learning notebook along with these songs:
Big Calendar Pattern Making
Write the number
Make the Date with Coins
100 Day Puzzle/dots
Hundreds, Tens, One
Popsicle Stick Day Counting
Today, Tomorrow, Yesterday ?
What's the weather today?

Special
    Watch Video for Subject if needed
    • Poem (if available)

Worship Time/Dancing
Kids worship song list

Bible Time
From Teacher's Manual
5 minute devotions (is available)

Language
See Teacher's Manual

Music Time
(Instruments)

Math
See Teacher's Manual

Reading Time
  • Reading Aloud
  • Reading Practice

Activities
Extra work or craft time

I really love how I’m doing music, sit down work, get up and dance to music, sit down and work, get up and move ect because it really seems to make the day to much faster. I think it seems faster because the kids are getting their wiggles out and can sit down and concentrate easier because of it.
I also am doing all my record keeping digital this year (thanks for Hubby for coming up with that idea) So I’m only keeping special work or projects and everything else I am taking pictures to document.
For example here is a look at my digital records for day 1
Anabel:

20140813_092245
Word transformation game. Taking one word and figuring out which letter needs to be changed to make another word.

I'm taking pictures of all the school work she did so I can keep record of it even if I discard the page or the book.
This year I am really stressing proper writing with Anabel. She learned how to write them last year in kindergarten but this year I want her to learn the proper forming of them. It will take a process. So far I see tons of improvement even in just 4 days of schooling.

Anable's Extra Work
This is another psd Photoshop image I use to easily alter each day and save any extra work that is not covered in the curriculums daily plan.

Abigail:
New DocAbigail's Extra Work
Work they did together:
20140813_09125720140814_080245

NSPA-border

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.