Ii Insect and Ocean Week

So the night before we started the Ii Insect week I looked over the stuff I had. I had printed out a bunch of stuff a year ago and now was ready to use it. Since I only have a black and white printer I decided to color in the ‘book’ that I had printed. I stayed up till 12:30am in bed coloring lol. I only got one of the books done and decided that was it!
IMG_2679
The next morning I realized I had a bunch of pages and games but no rules to them so I didn’t know how to teach them. There was a name on the bottom of the pages and I decided to type that into Google and see if I could find the printable I had printed these from.
What I found was more then I expected. I did find the rules to the game and a bunch of other printables. I ended up printed 190 pages that morning.
IMG_2680
Where I got my printables: http://catalog.mathlearningcenter.org/free
I was excited about everything I found. Book, songs/poems, board games, math pages, geo board activities, pattern block pages, unifix cubes, geometric blocks ect.
I found pages on our ocean, insect, frog and butterfly weeks.
IMG_2686
Somehow, some way I was able to cut, organize and put away all the papers I had printed and get this weeks curriculum together before lunch. We had lunch and then stated in on school.
IMG_2681
The DIY ‘spinners’ worked great for the board games.
IMG_2701IMG_2702
We did bingo and ‘Who will win?’ games.

Now for the individual things the girls did:
week12

20140420-insects-header

Anabel:


IMG_2684IMG_2690
Geo board activities and copying our memory verse.
IMG_2687
The bean of the day.
IMG_2695
One of the song/poem books I had printed that morning. Taught facts about sharks. The girls held little shark toys while we read it.
IMG_2692
For art we did a ‘Learn to draw’ Anna page. The girls did great!
IMG_2708
The Bob Books that Anabel read for that day.
IMG_2709
Today Anabel started her ‘Bible Notebook’ so she read the story in her Bible Reader and did the first page of the notebook. Then I read the more detailed version of it.


20140420-insects-header2

Abigail:


IMG_2685IMG_2688
Pattern block pages and her math page. Counting with ants!
IMG_2691
Abigail’s drawing of Anna
IMG_2697IMG_2694IMG_2696
From the printables I printed that morning. Two books and a fact sheet about where certain bugs live.
Her work pages for the page. I didn’t take picture of the activities we did that had no pages with them.
NSPA-border

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.