New School Room Set Up

Pano shot of the new school room.

We did a BUNCH of rearranging in our house. The boys room got moved to what was the spare room. The girls room moved to the old boys room and the old girls room became the new school room. This freed up the room that use to be the school room to be an adult space, an office/craft room.

The room that became the school (was the girls bedroom) is the biggest room of the house. It also has an awesome corner of windows that i LOVE! My husband had painted the walls a few years ago with rolling hills and flowers and i think it works great in a school room.


Our big school desk and my new desk.




This is our map system that i came up with. I wanted to be able to hang my maps but change them when i needed to. I also wanted to be able to interchange them with other posters if i needed at a later date. I have one free one there to later :) I have a large world map and behind it a large USA map. I started using the world map mid way through kindergarten last year and we used it to place images of animals we learned about and wear they live. This year we have been using the world map to mark voyages we have learned about so far and later we will switch to the USA map and map out trails and where the Indians lived ect. LOVE our maps! I also have a few other plans for my maps that i will share with you later :)


If you look to the sides of the picture of the map above, you will see the edges of two white doors on either side of the map. This is what is in the door to the right. This is our activity table. It is our light table/light brite/chalkboard table. My toddler uses this table a ton during school time and since we switched rooms i was able to expand this area even more.


To the left of the maps is my other closet which i use as my storage closet. This closet has so much room! Deeper into the closet on the right of the book shelf is even more shelves and even more storage. I was able to free up a bunch or more space out of my lockers by storing stuff in this closet and it's great because i can shut the door and keep little hands out of it!


This idea i got off of pinterest and i love it! I freed up so many plastic containers by hanging up mu puzzles, flashcards, learning place mats, board games ect. Everything is so much easier to see and get to this way! Also it gave a use for all those pesky pant hangers that i was going to throw away!

So there is an over view of the new space! Later i might go into more detail about how i organize all my supplies and my curriculum but this is a good start.

I feel so blessed with have the space to have a school room like this! I love it!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.