VIKINGS EXTENDED - MFW 2ND GRADE




We continued our Viking unit by making a Viking longhouse.


We used all scrap pieces to make the structure. We stripped the outside of the cardboard and glued fake moss on the roof.

Then she painted the house and the grass.


Next we decided to furnish the inside of the home. I searched online for Viking figures to buy but all of them were to pricey for me. I decided to get out my clay and try to make a couple figures for the diorama.

Anabel helped me by making shields, the cooking pot ect.



We made a fire pit with a hanging pot and spoon. Hanging fish to dry. Shields and axes on the walls. Table, candle sticks, loom and bed. We made clay plates, bowls, pitcher, pig head, potatoes, meat legs, and asparagus. All baked clay so it became very hard and then they could play with it.

We had so much fun making these! My online regret is that i forgot to me some clay viking bread loaves! Dang me! The girls had fun playing with this all after it was done.




NSPA-border

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.